Call for Topics and Speakers
October 13-15, 2019
Sheraton Boston Hotel, Boston, MA
Deadline for Submitted Topics is May 31, 2019
Session Topic Submission Form
The American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI) is pleased to extend a call for proposals for educational sessions at the ACLI Annual Conference 2019, October 13-15 at The Sheraton Boston Hotel in Boston, MA.
A unique educational and networking event, ACLI's premier meeting brings together senior executives from life insurance and financial services companies to examine today's business and political issues. The sessions provide industry leaders with a cutting-edge content focused on the most pressing topics for conference attendees.
The Annual Conference provides well-rounded content addressing a range of industry issues, best practices, and thought-provoking research. The program features general sessions with well-known speakers and approximately 20 breakout sessions with dedicated tracks addressing legal/compliance and investment/financial topics, and other sessions covering reinsurance, retirement security, emerging trends and technology, and legislative and regulatory issues. Certain program sessions are eligible for CLE and CPE credits.
ACLI is requesting original and creative content for session topics and format suggestions. Session topics should be appropriately tailored to the conference audience. Below is feedback from our attendees on what topics and formats they find intriguing. Sessions that propose unique topics of interest to our attendees will take precedence.
Proposal Selection Criteria:
Elements of a successful proposal highly considered for approval include:
- Includes life insurance company perspectives and/or representation on panel
- Offers an innovative/timely topic with meaningful research, such as case-studies and other relevant findings
- Interactive and engaging design with attendee interest prioritized
- Stimulates and provokes discussion, audience engagement, and has an outcome-focused design
- Target senior executives from life insurance and financial services companies who serve in a variety of roles including legal, legislative, financial operations, and sales and marketing
Address the following topics of interest:
- Regulatory environment - challenges and opportunities
Technological innovation and disruption
Cybersecurity and privacy concerns
Evolving consumer and demographic shifts
Trends in insurance asset management
Credit cycle and the investment environment
Trends in mergers and acquisitions
Session proposal session topic submission form (pdf) should be emailed to Amy Knobloch no later than May 31, 2019